Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Sun Also Rises: Montoya

I really liked the character Montoya. He was no doubt a very avid fan of bullfighting. I loved the fact that Montoya was so genuine and really cared about the sport of bullfighting. He knew bullfighting very well, and I loved how he was so dedicated to the one thing that he was really passionate about. I also liked how Montoya was a loyal and true friend to Jake because Jake was also an aficionado. He looked out for Jake and made sure he was taken care of. In addition to being there for Jake, Montoya also looked out for Pedro Romero. He was a father-like figure for Pedro. Montoya sheltered Pedro Romero from fame and any form of media from that time. Montoya did his best to keep Pedro Romero close to his people and always had Pedro Romero's best interest in mind. I like Montoya because he put others before himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment