Monday, August 9, 2010

The Sun Also Rises: Quote

"Oh, Jake," Brett said, "we could have had such a damned good time together."
"Yes," I said. "Isn't it pretty to think so?"

I liked this quote on the last page of the book really made me think. I tried to apply the quote to my own life, and I came up with something. I feel like many people, including myself, let many opportunities and experiences pass by. This leaves them pondering the unknown with a feeling of regret. I think a lesson that I learned from this story is to take all of the chances that I can in life and to not be passive. I realize that everyone says this and it's such a chiche, but life goes by so quickly. I don't want to be like Brett and Jake asking what if questions about my life. When I look back, I want to know that I made decisions that helped me get to where I will be.

1 comment:

  1. you liked this quote? a couple entries earlier, you said you didn't like the ending. I'm confused!

    ReplyDelete